-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [AdaCore] Announcing the immediate availability of GNAT GPL 2010 Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 13:58:03 +0200
From: Jamie Ayre <ayre@...>
Dear GNAT GPL user,
We are pleased to announce the release of GNAT GPL 2010, the integrated Ada,C,C++ toolset for for Academic users and FLOSS developers. This new edition provides many new features and enhancements in all areas of the technology. The most notable ones are:
- first taste of Ada 2012 with features such as conditional or case expressions,
- enhanced IDE (tips, new views, better doc generator, ...),
- GNAT Project API available in GNATColl,
- support for Windows 7,
- support for MacOS X Snow Leopard (64 bit),
- support for Visual Studio 2008 for the .NET Framework,
- support for AVR (embedded 8 bit),
- Ravenscar support for the Lego Mindstorm NXT port
In the context of the GAP program, we hope the last 2 points above will provide new and interesting options for real-time and/or robotics classes.
GNAT GPL 2010 comes with version 4.4.1 of the GNAT Programming Studio IDE and GNATbench 2.4.0, the GNAT plug-in for Eclipse.
GNAT GPL 2010 can be downloaded from the "Download" section on